banner



How To Make A Sackboy

Then, you like Little Big Planet, and desire to make a sackboy. If you're similar me, yous'll Google your brains out trying to detect a pattern y'all similar. I didn't find whatsoever patterns I liked, so I made upwardly my own crochet "design" through trial and error.

I'm providing this "blueprint" (I think you'll understand why I go on using quotes in a minute or so) free, and I ask that you do not sell whatever items you make with this design. Gifts are OK, however! This piddling guy took me about a day, only that'southward including all the photo-taking and writing downwardly instructions. My first sackboy took a few days because of all the trial and error.

Some general notes: You make the sackboy in five parts: 1) caput & body; 2) two arms; 3) two legs. You lot start from the height of the head and piece of work almost entirely in a sc spiral, increasing and decreasing as you go, down to the bottom of the body. I used a size 3.75 crochet claw and (um…) "standard" Bernat yarn (can y'all tell I don't know much almost yarn…). The design will demand to be adapted for thicker or thinner yarns and hooks. I can't tell y'all how to exercise that… it's trial and mistake, as I said.

Abbreviations:
sc = single crochet (video)
ss = sideslip stitch (video)
ch = chain (video)
december = decrease by single crocheting ii stitches together (video)
2sc = increment by single crocheting 2 unmarried crochets into the same sew together (video)

Materials:

  • 3.75 crochet hook
  • yarn (recommended: Bernat)
  • shank buttons
  • thread
  • small slice of cardboard
  • two small pieces of fabric (black and crimson)
  • fabric or craft glue
  • polyfil (or shredded upward napkins like I used)

startandround1copy

Step 1:
HEAD
Start & first round:
Make a magic adjustable band (video)to start, and so make 6 sc into the ring. Tighten and tie tail to working yarn (this ensures your caput won't stop up with a hole in the elevation), and then ss to the first sc.

Step 2:
2d round & remainder of the top of the head:
Concatenation 1 (counts as 1 sc), so alternate (approximately*) between sc and 2sc in each stitch. When you get around to the offset of that round, practice a sc (or 2sc) into the kickoff stitch in the circular you're only ending. In other words, go on in a spiral around and around. When you've done another round or so, you lot'll shift more to a sc, sc, 2sc, design (rather than sc, 2sc).

You lot're aiming for a circle that'south approximately flat and disk-like (a flake of a dome is more truthful to the character), with perchance a bit of an ovalish shape to it (rather than circular). When your head disk is the size yous'd like information technology, finish the circle with a ss.

  • I say approximately considering mine went something like this: sc, 2sc, sc, 2sc, 2sc, sc, sc, 2sc, sc, 2sc, sc, 2sc, sc, sc, 2sc, sc, sc, 2sc, sc, 2sc, sc, sc, 2sc, sc, sc, 2sc, sc, sc, 2sc, sc, sc, 2sc, sc, sc, 2sc, sc, sc, 2sc, sc, sc, 2sc, …

P1050634editedforblog

Step 3:
Side of head:
ch1 to start. sc in back loop only of the previous round (this helps create a sharper line between the top and side of the head). After you've completed the first round (for those who like numbers, mine was about 27 stitches around), sc (both loops, not back loop only) in a spiral once more, ane sc in each stitch from the previous round. If y'all go on your stitches nice and tight, you'll eventually notice a cylindrical type shape start to appear.

After approximately iii rows, while on the part of the spiral that corresponds to what will be the left or correct side of your sackboy's head, exercise i 2sc to increase by ane run up. Go on sc around to the other side of the sackboy's head and practice 1 more 2sc to increment again. Continue sc in a spiral for a couple more more total rows, and end where you call up the oral cavity should start.

backlooponlyandcylindar

Step 4:
Oral fissure & eyes:
The oral fissure starts a couple of stitches in from the absolute side of the head. Y'all're going to have to eyeball it because I don't have any numbers for you (sorry). At one side of the rima oris (this volition become the corner of the rima oris), practise ch stitches until you accept a concatenation of a length that seems similar the right size for a oral cavity when you hold the chain adjacent to where information technology would accept been had you been continuing sc. So do ane sc to connect the chain back to the spiral. Over again, y'all'll have to eyeball where you want the other side of the mouth to stop. For me, I did a chain of xiv stitches and and then I skipped ten sc from the previous circular.

headandmouth-smallforblog

One time you've got your mouth outlined, it'south fourth dimension for the eyes. I used picayune black shank buttons (guess how long it took me to figure out the proper name of that kind of button… ) that were in a big mixed bag of buttons from Value Village ($2.99!). I've since tried putting normal buttons on a costly doll and information technology simply looked creepy so I recollect this is the manner to go. I positioned my eyes about halfway between the pinnacle of the caput and the oral cavity. One time I knew where one center was going, I pushed in through then I could run across the shank from the inside when I turned the head inside out a bit.

eyes-resizedforblog

I then sewed the eye on by doing repeated loops through the hole and surrounding yarn. It takes quite a few loops because the button seems to want to autumn out of where you've got information technology. Proceed checking, periodically, to see if your eye is firmly fastened. When it is, do a couple knots to tie information technology off. Or y'all can do like I did, and just start sewing the second eye with the same thread, because it seemed easier at the time.

To make the inside of the oral fissure, you lot'll demand cardboard and two small pieces of cloth (black & crimson). I used a Triscuit box from the recycling box and some cloth scraps from a some shirts/PJs I've modified. Like nigh things so far, sizing the piece of cardboard is a bit of trial and error.

mouthlining

I started by making a rectangle, then folding it in half and shoving it inside my sackboy'due south mouth to meet roughly how large of an oval it needed to be. Then I'd trim bits off until I had the right size. I usually brand the bottom of my oral cavity smaller than the summit or else sackboy ends up with an underbite. I cut the blackness fabric to be large enough to fully embrace the cardboard and then have some overlap on the back (information technology's this black fabric that will be used to attach the mouth lining to the "lips"). For my past ii sackboys, I glued the blackness fabric onto the paper-thin, and then glued the red natural language onto that.

When the mouth lining is done, it's time to stitch it within. Basically the idea is to turn the head mostly within out and sew the oral fissure lining to the inside loop of the crocheted function that outlines the mouth. Make sure y'all've got the cardboard the right orientation – I've sewed 1 in upside downwardly before. I establish it helped to do a couple of stitches in the corners of the oral cavity showtime, but to go along information technology in identify as I started sewing. I didn't sew through the paper-thin – I just used the blackness fabric. When finished, turn information technology right side out.

mouthandheadstuffing-resizedforblog

This side by side office is optional. I like to put a cardboard disk in the top of the head to assistance keep its shape. Simply the LBP sackboys have rounder heads. Up to yous. I just cut an oval out of paper-thin and shoved it into the top of the head. And so I stuffed the head. For stuffing, I used shredded upward napkins but you can apply polyfil if you lot accept it laying around.

body-resizedforblog

Footstep 5:
Neck & body:
At present that the head and optics are in, and the head'southward stuffed, it'due south time to commencement decreasing. Exercise 3 sc after the connectedness of the mouth (the right side of the oral cavity), and so start alternating december, sc, dec, sc until you call up it'southward the right size for the neck. Stuff a fleck more stuffing in at that place before you lot start increasing over again. To increase for the trunk, exercise 2sc in each sc around for one row/round (still working in a spiral), and so alternate sc, 2sc for another row until the bore is good. Then sc in each sc around continually until the body is approximately the correct length (mine was ~one″).

December i, sc nearly 3/4 of the mode around the body and then december over again. sc about ane/four of the way effectually and and so december again. sc, sc, sc, dec, sc, sc, dec, sc, dec, and and then alternate sc and december until you're really small. Cut the yarn so that yous take about 2 inches left, and thread through the loops of the last row. Pull tight and do a sideslip knot to close the bottom pigsty.

legs

Step six:
Artillery & LEGS
[note: I remember these arms are a little large so I would have decreased the initial number of bondage past i.]
Arm:
Row 1: ch7
Row 2: sc into the 2nd concatenation from the end. sc to the stop
Row 3-6: ch1, sc to the end
Row seven: ch1, sc to the end, and and so exercise another sc into the last stitch ( you should have 2sc in the terminal stitch from the previous row)
Row viii: aforementioned as row 3-6

P1050669-editedandresizedforblog

Fingers:
continuing from the last sew of row 8, ch five. ss into 2nd ch from the end, and then sc in remaining iv ch. ss into one of the stitches in the last row you lot made for the arm. ss into one stitch over, and brand another finger (5ch, 22, 4sc). echo until you have four finger. For the pollex, practise iv ch instead of v. You lot may need to play around with the fingers a scrap, to make sure you go the placement correct. I kept making six fingers by accident because my arms were too many stitches wide. When the fingers are done, cut the yarn with almost 3 inches left, and use information technology to sew the arm (i.e. fold the arm in half). Tie off but exit some loose yarn and then you lot tin tie the arms onto the trunk.

For the second arm, follow the same directions except the first finger has 4ch and the terminal finger has 5ch.

Step 7:
Leg:
Start and round ane: Make a magic adjustable ring and brand 6sc into information technology. Tighten and necktie with knot and ss.
Round 2: ch1, then exercise 2sc, sc (approximately alternating over again) for one round. You desire a flat disk. ss to first sc to make the loop.
Circular 3 and rest of leg: ch1, and then sc in back loop only of previous round. continue for 1 round. When y'all've completed this side by side round, instead of ss to the first sew, continue in a spiral simply doing normal sc (not back loop only). Proceed sc for 1 row.
december 1. Add together a little cardboard circle to keep the human foot circular and flat.
sc in a screw for 2 more rows. december 1.
sc in a spiral for ~five more rows, then outset alternate dec, sc, dec, sc until you've gotten quite small, but not likewise pocket-sized. Add together stuffing to the leg. Cut the yarn with a couple of inches and loop the yarn through each sc in the terminal row y'all fabricated. Pull to tighten, exercise a slipknot to tie information technology off, leaving a bit of yarn to attach the leg to the trunk. Do the other leg in the verbal same way. Information technology might exist useful to count your rows (i didn't), considering I ended upwardly with two legs of slightly different length.

Stride 8:
Associates
The exact associates technique is up to you lot. I only left lots of 2-3″ threads on each body part and and so used those to adhere the limbs to the trunk. For the legs, I used a unmarried loop through the body to attach each leg, which leaves the legs pretty mobile. If y'all wanted your sackboy to stay locked in a particular position, more than sewing is necessary. For the artillery, I needed two loops: one for the top of the "shoulder" and one for the "armpit". I then used a small crochet hook to take hold of each loose thread and pull into into the body cavity.

Voila! You have a sackboy.

Guest Post Past: Nicole Barker

I'm a recently-married eco-nut who (re-)discovered the joys of DIY & crafting during wedding preparations. I just started my PhD in environmental/conservation biological science, and my spare fourth dimension is full of cooking, crafting, photography, and video games.

How To Make A Sackboy,

Source: https://offbeatbride.com/crochet-little-big-planet-sackboy/

Posted by: ballardwomed1977.blogspot.com

0 Response to "How To Make A Sackboy"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel